Pacific Islanders to be featured in Melbourne's most celebrated cultural event
WHITE NIGHT 2015
Nuholani is excited and proud to present a new project to feature Pacific islanders and Pacific island dances in Melbourne.
Ausdance Victoria and VicHealth are funding a 12-week dance program culminating in a performance at the annual White Night Festival. The festival is set for 21 February and our 12 week dance program will commence in December. Please see details below and share with everyone you know who may be interested in performing!
We will also be
· Pacific Islanders and islanders at heart
· Dance experience preferred but not required
· Ages 12+
WHAT: Perform in the annual WHITE NIGHT FESTIVAL with professional performing artists NUHOLANI.
· What is White Night?
· Source: http://whitenightmelbourne.com.au/about-white-night-melbourne/
· "White Night Melbourne is Australia’s most celebrated cultural event. Inspired by the international Nuit Blanche movement, White Night Melbourne is an all-night, free cultural event with visual art, illuminations, music, food, theatre, sport, fashion, film, design and performances on display. The event runs from 7pm to 7am, and is held within the centre of Melbourne, with activities in city streets, parklands, laneways, public spaces and cultural institutions.
· White Night Melbourne is a unique event as it runs over a full 12 hour period, allowing you to choose an arrival time that suits you. In previous years, peak attendance periods have been experienced between 9pm when the projections are visible, through to approximately 11.30pm, with generally smaller crowds after midnight."
· KINDRED STUDIOS - 212A WHITEHALL STREET, YARRAVILLE
When: 8 DEC 2014 6:30-8PM
· White Night Festival - 21 February
· There are many reasons why... but here are a few for now.
· Nuholani is passionate about sharing stories of the Pacific through song and dance using contemporary and traditional movement. We are proud of our Polynesian heritage and to be contributing to the rich cultural fabric of this beautiful city.
· Ausdance and VicHealth are working together to provide fun dance initiatives to promote healthy living.